Happy 2nd birthday buddy! On the first of July you turned 2!
Would I leave you out of our home baked birthday cake tradition? Never.
2 whole years of your mischief and cheek and I’ve loved every minute. In just 2 years, you’ve taught me things some people take moons to work out – here are my favourites! Thanks bud x
1. Forgive and forget
2. Embrace your loved ones at the door
3. Naps are good for the soul so lie in whenever you can
4. Be loyal and faithful
5. Wag more, bark less, bite never
6. Eat what you’re given
7. Perseverance is key – they’ll give up the chicken eventually
8. Live in the moment
9. Enjoy the journey – it doesn’t always matter where you’re going
10. End each day with a nuzzle, snuggle and kiss
P.s The cake was lapped up in no time and worked as a perfect treat for a good week. The recipe (from all recipes.com) is below for all curious dog lovers – very easy to make for even a novice baker so give it a go – tail wagging bowl licking good (and yes that was just me)
Nutty for Peanut cake
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup of cooking oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of honey
1 cup of grated carrots
1 cup of white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Combine the egg, peanut butter,vanilla extract, cooking oil and honey and beat well
2. Mix in the grated carrots
3. Finally fold in the white flour and baking powder and spoon the batter into your prepared tin
4. Pop it into the preheated oven (180 degrees fan) for around 40 mins
5. Allow the cake to cool. Once cool, spread some more peanut butter (yes more!) to cover the top and serve a piece to your gorgeous pup!
6. Sit back and smile – because they’re obviously licking the bowl clean!
Crazy dog lady